Sunday, October 21, 2012

Interview I did for Belladonnas Book Corner

Q.What inspired you to write your first book?
A.I had been writing fanfic and poems for a number of years, and one day I mentioned to one of my friends it would be nice to write a full novel. She told me, ‘Do it then.’ At that moment I realized the only thing stopping me from writing it was me, so I sat down and did it.

Q.How did you come up with the titles of each bo...ok?
A. Normally the title comes to me while I’m writing the book or short story. It’s not something I plan before hand because I want it give the reader a hint of what the story is about.
Q.Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
A. The message in ‘Diaries of the Fag Hags’ is simply; embrace who you are and be okay with it. My novel ‘The Last Resort’ is complete horror, so there’s no real message there. It was written to purely entertain.
Q.Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
A.There are some real life experiences in ‘Diaries of the Fag Hags’ because in my life I am Hag. I didn’t intend for them to be my novel, but as I was writing it they just came out in the story.

Q.What books have most influenced your life most?
A.I find myself influenced more by real life, true crime and new age literary than other fictional writers.
Q. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
A. I find myself drawn to Stephen King because of how well his career in writing is, and how simple it began.
Q.What book are you reading now?
A.The Taking by Dean Koontz
Q.What are your current projects?
A.Right now, I am writing a sci-fi novella called ‘Mothership’. It’s a little look into how blind people become when they are driven by fear and greed. How their need for personal survival will surpass the survival of a species.
Q.If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books?
A.No. I am satisfied with how they turned out.
Q.Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
A.I do not really remember. When I was a young child I would draw stick people and write little blurbs to tell my stories. I would make my family read them. So, it seems as if I have always been writing.

Q.Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
A.Adding the little things. I get caught up in the overall story, and the action, that I sometimes forget to add the details like what the surrounding room looks like. I have to stop and remind myself, that if I do not add this then the reader will not see it as I see it.
Q.What was the hardest part of writing your book?
A.Taking the time to edit it only because I want to move on to writing the next one.
Q.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? A.That it is okay to be weird with your
writing. You are allowed to create worlds and people that are outside of the box.
Q.Do you have any advice for other writers?
A. Don’t be afraid to write what YOU want.
Q.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
A.I hope you enjoy my novels as much as I enjoy writing them to share with you.
Q.What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
A.First, load up on weapons and gather my family together so we can get to the country, and then plan. If you don’t have a plan and get away from big groups of people you’re dead.

Q.If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be and why?
A. A dragon. It’s powerful, beautiful, and wise.
Q.Fav Movie ?
A.I have a lot of favorite movies so I’ll just name a few, ‘Young Guns’, ‘Forsaken,’ and ’27 Dresses.’
Q. Fav band right now ?
A.Tim Mcgraw (he’s not really a band but that’s who I’m loving right now}
Q.Fav food and drink ?
A.Pho soup and Pepsi. I could live on those two things.

Check out their facebook page to get updates on novels and authors: http://www.facebook.com/#!/belladonasbookcorner?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment