Friday, January 25, 2013

Interview I did for Sabrina's Paranormal Palace

When did you know you wanted to become a writer? I have been writing all my life, but it wasn't until I was in my late teens that I decided to be an actual writer thanks to my friend Author Ellie Potts

How did the idea of series come to you? My ideas usually come from 'what if' questions; example what if zombies were real? Then I will base an story line on that question.

Are any of your characters based off people you know? In Diaries of the Fag Hags when I read it to edit I realized a couple of the characters did remind me of some of my friends. They somehow snuck their way into my novel

How many books will be in the series? Right now the two novels I have are solo books, my WIP is the first book in a series though. I imagine it may be five or six books.

How do you over come writer’s block? I always work on two projects at once so when I get tired of one I can work on the other. It keeps me from getting stuck on one of piece.

What is your writing process? I decide on what to write, write out the key points that I want to happen, and finally draft up an outline of each chapter before I write them.

What is your favorite paranormal being? Vampires are fun to write about but so are elemental beings so I'm torn between the two.

What was the first paranormal book you read? R.L Stine and LJ Smith were the horror/paranormal books I read I was younger.

Who are some of your favorite authors? S.E Hilton, Ilona Andrews, and LJ Smith

Can you give us any hints about future books? I have a pirate novel and short story collection coming out this year so keep your eye out.

Is there a writer or writers that inspire you? S.E Hilton and HP Lovecraft

What paranormal being would you like to be? Elemental being

If you were stranded on a deserted island what character would you want with you and why? hmm is this mine or someone else's? If it is from any character I will say Superman so he can fly me out of there. if it is from my characters then Gentina from my pirate novel because she's a pirate.

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse? Try to survive, ha

What 3 people would you like to have dinner with and why? Obama, because I wonder how he is when he's not in front of the caremas. My brothers Joe and Jimmy bcz they are no longer here and I would like to talk to them one more time.
Favorites:
Color: Pink
Pets: 3 cats; Socks, Teller, and Caddy plus three turtles named turtle
Food: Thai Food
Drink: Pepsi
Holiday: 4th of July bcz I love the fireworks
Music: I love all music
Movie: Dead Alive, 27 dresses, Blade 2 and LOTR

This or That; This
Night or Day? Night
Theater or Rent? Rent
Fall or Summer? Fall
Music or Reading? Reading
Pet Dragon or Pet Gargoyle? Pet Gargoyle
Flip flops or Tennis Shoes? Flip Flops

No comments:

Post a Comment